Sunday 17 May 2009

Waist Coats at Dawn


This morning at church we had The Bush preaching as part of our global watch Sunday, when he got up to speak he had a bag with him I wondered what was in it but I am well used to him producing a few visual aids so didn’t give it too much thought.

Anyhow as I was getting Princess Nat to her children’s group session The Bush produced this rather colourful waistcoat.

For those who don’t know, Pastor Mowmow has adopted the waistcoat as his trademark item of clothing, he is usually seen preaching in a waistcoat but other than that very casual clothing, so Phil decided that it was time he fell into line and wore a waistcoat for the occasion, not sure whether the passion will catch on and if it done really don’t see The Gib wearing one in such, er, beautiful? colours!

The best bit of course was that the joke was pretty well lost on Pastor Mowmow as he was out dropping his son into Kings Kids! So I did explain to him why Phil was wearing a waistcoat!

Joy’s comment was that in Ron’s days (this is over 20 years back!) it was ties that were the necessary accessory to be a part of the leadership team and to be on the platform, there was one most memorable sketch done at a Christmas Party to do with the wearing of spotty ties and stripy ties as a code of conduct but I wont go there it was very funny at the time.

In Peter Dye’s time it was jumpers which became the trademark and now we have progressed onto Waistcoats.

(Just for those who dotn realise I am adopting some nick names for people from Hanny Pants who blogs a lot and has come up with nick names for everyone I thought it might be fun to use the same names for people, where I remember to do so I have added new nicknames where I have not seen what she uses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment