Saturday 6 June 2009

Pretty Pink

So as you will know, if you read my blog post last weekend, Nat loves pink, she is most definitely a girly girl and loves all things girly and pinkie, so when we were looking at paint colours for the living room it was no surprise to me that she wanted some samples of pink paint, I did concede to buy one sample, on the grounds that her bedroom needs some TLC anyhow, especially now that she has a nice girly lampshade and bedside lamp, her walls need a coat of paint to match in as well as needing new curtains etc, looks like her whole room will get a makeover, with the help of our friends, Hanny & CJ, who have offered to help, see Hanny’s response to my blog post last week.

So this morning, after we had gone out for a good old cooked breakfast, Stevey is out with carers so there are just the 3 of us at home, we got back and Nat wanted to do some painting so, with my help and supervision, she painted her bedroom wall with the sample, not quite what she expected to be doing but she really enjoyed it, although it has to be said that she didn’t do a nice neat square as you normally do when doing a sample.

See attached photo, not a brilliant picture due to the way the light was shining in her room but it gives the idea, the colour is ‘Pretty Pink’ form a Dulux range.

Anyhow, as those of you who know me at all well will know, I have quite a ‘thing’ about paint and avoid it wherever possible, I especially hate getting it on my hands etc and supervising Nat doing the paint was probably worse than doing it myself! Made worse by the fact that everything within me wants to cry out and scream and run away but knowing that I cant because I don’t want my paint phobia to rub off on or impact her at all, this is only about the second time I have EVER been with Nat when she does painting and she really enjoyed it, I have to confess enjoyment is not a word I would use to describe how I felt about it but I survived and live to tell the tale.

Over the summer we have a lot of decorating to do, having left it all until after the electrics were done, the whole house needs some attention, joys mum has offered to help with some of it whilst we are away in the summer and Hanny & CJ have offered to help with Nat’s room but that will still leave a fair bit left to do, I guess it is as good a time as any for me to tackle my paint phobia but it will be tackling it head on and I am not sure that I can cope with it, we will have to wait and see.

Now her room is locked and out of bounds so that neither of the kids go in and get paint all over themselves, I guess we are going to have to be very careful about how we programme in decorating of her bedroom, indeed how we manage to get the whole house done will be ‘interesting’ with the complications that our unique family add to the equation.

1 comment:

  1. My bedroom was pink till I was about 13 and then we re-decorated it - it was sky blue till I moved out just after my 21st.

    I love painting!

    ReplyDelete