Thursday 9 July 2009

Update on FIAT

OK well, I have to say that I am impressed at the speed with which Glyn Hopkins acted, following me putting the blog post up I sent an e-mail to the customer feedback e-mail address I saw on the door of the showroom, including a link to the blog post! Rather cruel I know!

Well the After Sales Director, picked up on my e-mail and replied to me at 6.15 this morning, I hasten to add I didn’t get the e-mail till much later. He said eh was going to look into the situation and someone would get back to me, I then had a call mid morning from the branch service manager who apologised for the problems and offered to book the vehicle in for next week with a courtesy car being provided until my vehicle is back on the road, with no expectation that I will be back the same day, they have booked the car out to us for 3 days, but its not likely to take as long as that.

Additionally when it is due service they will arrange for it to be collected from home and dropped back after the work has been carried out. So different to what I had got up till now, obviously there are still the questions over whether the number of visits to the workshop were absolutely necessary, both in terms of whether all the work needed doing and also in whether they could have diagnosed the other faults at the same time but hey we cant turn the clock back and they are making the right noises, as well as assuring me that there are reasons, wont go into it, as to why they couldn’t have picked up on the further faults etc so we will let it rest there, still not convinced that the vehicle should be developing these kinds of faults at this stage in its life which reflects my feelings towards FIAT.

One of my favourite sayings, from my days as a Transport Manager, was always that I like to judge a company not on whether or not they have problems, anyone can have problems and many of them are outside of your control, the issue is not about not having problems but in how you deal with the problems as they come up, yesterday I would have rated Glyn Hopkins about 2 in that area, today I would say about 8, cant go any higher simply because the problems could have been dealt with better yesterday without the need to escalate matters higher but hey we are moving forward and that’s good, for the time being at least I am a happy customer of Glyn Hopkins and hopefully that’s the way it will remain.

So, over all a BIG thumbs up to Glyn Hopkins. And a huge thank you to Paul, After Sales Director, for being so proactive and speedy in responding to this problem and thank you to Stuart, Branch Service Manager for being so helpful and understanding earlier on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment